- What is call number: Call Number: it represents subject of book and location of the book on shelf.
Central Library IIT Patna using DDC Classification scheme. This scheme organized books by subject so that all books from same subject can be organized in same place and make easy to retrieve the book on shelves.
Each book has given a unique call number according to DDC Classification scheme and books arranged over the shelves by Call Number.
or installed webopac station in central library.
- Central Library User can get the relevant book, bibliographical detail through webopac.
- After getting the details i.e. class number, move to stack area where every stack has assign guides like class number and subjectwise.
- In respective stack books are arranged class number wise so user can search the relevant book easily in stack.
- For more help user can consult the library staff on circulation area.